Thursday 15 October 2015

Four Ingredient Pumpkin Pie Smoothie




4 ingredient pumpkin pie smoothie


What do you do when it’s fall but still 90 degrees outside?
Make a pumpkin smoothie!

In an effort to enjoy some fall flavors without overheating, I’ve been turning everything from squash to apples to pumpkin into frozen treats. Though I’d love a hot Pumpkin Spice Latte one of these days, it’s been a pretty delicious fall so far.

This particular Pumpkin Pie Smoothie came about when I was in a rush to get out the door and hadn’t yet had breakfast. I wanted something that would sustain me for a few hours, but I didn’t have my staple smoothie ingredients on-hand. I didn’t expect that just four ingredients – one of which is my favorite real protein drink: Organic Balance – would lead to such a tasty smoothie!

Since then, I’ve also made this smoothie with 1 Tbsp chia seeds – which is even more nutritious and adds a great smooth texture.
If the weather has cooled off where you are, make this smoothie alongside a warm cup of tea and cuddle up with a blanket. (And send some of your weather my way please…that sounds so cozy!)



No comments:

Post a Comment